[Original:’Straße in Damaskus’]. The Bavarian air force division 304b was based in Palestine from 25. October 1917 and was involved in the First World War until the division left the region, over Aleppo, in mid September 1918. During that period, over 3000 glas photographs, mostly aerial, have been made. Those early photographs were important for the archaeological research in the Middle East region.